I needed to make dessert two weeks ago for Friday lunch and decided to make banana pudding, which I had actually never made before. So I went to allrecipes.com and chose the first banana pudding recipe that came up, because it had 5 out of 5 stars. Other than licking the beaters, I didn't even taste it, because when I went back to get dessert it was all gone! I hate that I can't tell you exactly what it tasted like, but I'll let the dish that was scraped clean speak for itself!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
|This looks like an ad for Kroger!|
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.
I would have liked to have had more whipped topping on top, so in the future I'll get a 16 oz. container. I also put some vanilla wafers on top, before the final layer of whipped topping.