Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Painting On Little People



It's always a good day in my book when I leave the office covered in paint - so yesterday was a good day!  Tonight at The Well we'll be raising awareness about human trafficking and providing students with resources to learn more and get involved.  To bring some visual impact, we've created about a dozen wooden cutouts of people with statistics and powerful words painted on them.  Seth has been cutting them out for the past several days, and yesterday a few students and I got to painting them.  We used individual letter stencils for all of the words, and then went back and covered that up with a piece of paper which we spray painted around to give the effect of one, single spray painted stencil.  When I left the office last night it was still a work in progress, but I know it will look great and will be powerful tonight!




And this project is another great example of how odd things come to be said around the office.  Like when I printed off the list of things Seth had typed up for us to write on the cutouts I noticed he had titled it: Things to write on the little people.  And then there was this text between a student and I:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...