Monday, February 25, 2013

Taco Soup

I like tacos and I love soup, so why in the world it took me this long to make taco soup is beyond me!  But I did recently and it was easy and delicious, so of course I had to share it with you!



Taco Soup 
Ingredients 
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 oz.) can of chili beans, with liquid
1 (15 oz.) can of kidney beans, with liquid
1 (15 oz.) can of whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
2 cups of water
2 (14.5 oz.) cans of peeled and diced tomatoes *
1 (4 oz.)  can diced green chile peppers
1 (1.25 oz.) packet of taco seasoning mix
Optional - Sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla or corn chips for toppings.

Directions
  1. In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
  2. Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. 
  3. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.   
I wasn't sure if you were supposed to include the liquid of the tomatoes, but I did because I wanted this to be like soup, and not chili.   
 



1 comment:

  1. I made this for supper tonight. The only difference is I cooked it on the stovetop and not the crockpot. Your dad really liked it. He said several times, "Ummm, this is good." Thought I would pass the compliment on to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...