Saturday, May 7, 2011

Late Night Crafties...

There is a commercial on TV right now for a fast food place I think, and their little jingle is "Late Night Munchies..." and when I wrote that title I was singing it in the same way.  But that is totally beside the point....

My friend Kathie, who is a photographer, suggested that I buy a generic strap for my camera when I take it on my trip.  That way, people won't see the brand in big letters and know it's a nice camera and steal it.  I then shared that information with my crafty friend Megan who is also taking a nice camera on this trip.  Well Megan found a pattern for a camera strap slipcover and made one, and it's so cute!  I wanted to make one too but knew I didn't have the time, let alone the skills to do that, but I still wanted a cute strap.  What was the solution?  A $1.97 spool of ribbon from Walmart, a needle, and some thread.  I just sewed the ribbon, which happened to be the perfect width, onto the strap.  It definitely isn't perfect, as you can see, but it will do quite nicely for now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...