Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Have Returned - From the East and To My Blog!

Oh, my blog, how I have missed you!  It's been driving me crazy that I've been home for six days and haven't posted anything!  But besides the 12 hour "nap" I took as soon as I walked in my door and lunch with Jillian before she left for Kenya, it's been nothing but packing, moving, cleaning, and unpacking.  I just got my final load moved today and finished up cleaning at the old place and turned in my keys.  Things are slowly starting to come together at my new apartment.  I'm not a very patient person, especially when it comes to stuff like decorating my house.  I wish I could just spend the rest of the week working on it and get it done, but unfortunately I can't.  I've got to head back to the office tomorrow, which I am excited about, and I've got follow up/thank you letters to write to my East Asia supporters and I've got to plan Amanda's bridal shower.  Thinking about getting those last two things done by the end of the week makes my brain hurt, but they'll only get done if I put unpacking/organizing/decorating on hold.  Sad day.

And here I am going on and on about my apartment, when most of you probably want to hear about the trip.  And all that I can really say about it right now is that it was a great trip in every way imaginable, and that I'm still processing a lot of it.  Over the course of the next few weeks I'm planning on making posts about different aspects of it.  And ironically, out of the hundreds of pictures I took, I think I ended up only taking maybe six or seven of my feet.  But I get to see them every day, I don't get to see East Asia everyday, those pictures were much more enjoyable and interesting to take.  And I know you'll find them more enjoyable and interesting to look at.  Also, I bought a souvenir for the sole purpose of being used for my first blog giveaway, which will be happening soon, woo-hoo, get excited! 

And here is my picture for today, sitting in my new apartment, which has nice, new carpet.  And you can kind of see the ever-so-slight Chaco tan I got while I was gone.  This is a big deal for me.  Usually I only burn and never tan, and a few years ago it took me all summer working at camp to get that much of a tan, and I got this one in two and half weeks.  I was excited.  Wow, that makes me sound like such a loser.  Oh well, such is my life...Oh, and one more thing.  My internet isn't getting installed until next Tuesday, so I can't guarantee a post entry every day, we'll just have to see.  Sorry to disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. Yay you're back! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...