Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pomp and Circumstance and Good Food

Today was college graduation day here in the Tri-Cities; Milligan, ETSU, and King all had their graduations.  I met up with all of Jessica's roommates and we headed to Bristol to watch Jessica get her diploma.  Miss Smarty Pants was one of only three graduating with an emphasis in neuroscience.  We had gotten there a little late and there weren't any more chairs left so we just stood at the back.  My feet started to hurt so I took off my shoes, then I got tired of standing so I sat on my program in the grass.  I probably looked dumb.  Eh, I don't care.  As the ceremony was winding down Brittany, Staci and I went ahead and headed back to Johnson City because we had reservations at Carrabas and we needed at least a few people to get there in time.  The three of us were there for about 20 minutes before any of the rest of the group showed up, and we ate 3 loaves of bread in that time as well.  Then Jessica's dad ordered appetizers and obviously we still had our meals to eat.  By the time we left we were moaning in misery and when I got back to their apartment I just laid in the middle of the floor to try to let the food disperse evenly.  But I realized that was one of the last meals we would eat with American utensils for a while, because starting Tuesday it'll be chopsticks!  Speaking of, I have got to go pack!  We leave tomorrow and my suitcase is still empty...

I missed the memo about wearing black and white...


Ugh, I look tired, and I don't have access to photoshop at the moment, so no red-eye reducer either.  But I love this girl and we're going to be roomies in East Asia!  So stinkin' excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...