Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

When I was in Lynchburg last week I went to two different Goodwills, and found a great deal at one of them.  This red, 80% wool pea coat...for $6!  One of the first things I noticed about it was that it had a hood, which I wasn't a fan of.  I like wearing scarfs and hats in the winter, so a hood wouldn't really be needed; but then I realized the hood was removable.  Score!  Then I tried it on and realized that it was a missing a button.  I knew I could remove one of the buttons at the top, under the collar, and sew it where the missing button was, but thought that once I'm in England I might want to button the coat all the way up, since it will be so cold.  I thought about buying the coat anyways and hoping to find buttons in the store that would match.  Then I slipped my hands into the pockets and felt something round.  "There's no way!" I thought, as I pulled the missing button out of the pocket.  There was no debating it now, I was getting the coat!  And one of the nice things about being at home was that Mom sewed the button on for me.

I'm not at all wishing for winter weather, but I will be excited about getting to wear my coat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...