Do you know what brinner is? It's breakfast for dinner. I love having breakfast for dinner, and decided to have some girls over last night for a brinner party. I made a hash brown casserole and a quiche, and the girls brought over some fruit and chocolate milk, all the makings for a good brinner party!
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 (30 oz.) package frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat over to 350*
- Combine hash browns, Colby Jack, Swiss, onion, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Stir together milk, soup, broth, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Add to hash brown mixture and mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
* I actually halfed this recipe since there were only 4 of us; and since I love a crunchy topping, I melted a tablespoon of butter and mixed it with 8 crushed Ritz crackers to make a topping.
Ham, Swiss, and Spinach Quiche
- 3 cups packed baby spinach, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 9" frozen pie crust
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, place in oven, and preheat to 375*
- Mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat. Cook spinach, stirring often, until wilted. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Combine eggs, half and half, and salt in a large bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Arrange spinach in the bottom of pie crust. Scatter ham over spinach, and then top with cheese. Pour eggs into the shell.
- Place quiche on baking sheet and bake until set and crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
|The top and crust got a little browner than I would have liked, but other than that, it turned out well for my first quiche!|