Saturday, January 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I hate that I haven't posted since Monday!  I've had something every night this week, and as much as I love the blog, I love sleep too, and it won out this week.  My last post was about the 80's skate night, and after I left the skating rink, I had to go to Kroger.  I took out my side pony tail and took off the striped leg warmers, but I still felt ridiculous walking in there with my yellow tights and and bright blue eye shadow!  But I had to get ingredients to make dessert for The Well band Tuesday night.  Last week Sherri had posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies; they looked delicious and I knew I wanted to make them for the band.  They were easy to make and chocolate peanut butter perfection!

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
  • 1 c. peanut butter
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
  • extra sugar to roll dough in
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350* and place Reese's in the freezer until ready to use (this allows the wrappers to come off cleanly).
  • Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt with wire whisk and set aside.
  • Beat butter and peanut butter.  Add sugar and beat until fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla.
  • Add four mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
  • Roll dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar.
  • Press dough into the cavities of a mini muffin tin, and then push an unwrapped Reese's into the dough.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.  Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...