I hate that I haven't posted since Monday! I've had something every night this week, and as much as I love the blog, I love sleep too, and it won out this week. My last post was about the 80's skate night, and after I left the skating rink, I had to go to Kroger. I took out my side pony tail and took off the striped leg warmers, but I still felt ridiculous walking in there with my yellow tights and and bright blue eye shadow! But I had to get ingredients to make dessert for The Well band Tuesday night. Last week Sherri had posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies; they looked delicious and I knew I wanted to make them for the band. They were easy to make and chocolate peanut butter perfection!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
- extra sugar to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350* and place Reese's in the freezer until ready to use (this allows the wrappers to come off cleanly).
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt with wire whisk and set aside.
- Beat butter and peanut butter. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add four mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Press dough into the cavities of a mini muffin tin, and then push an unwrapped Reese's into the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.