Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snickerdoodles

I made Snickerdoodles tonight!  I thought they were going to be ruined, because the dough was kind of crumbly and then they didn't flatten out while they baked, they stayed very round, but when it was all said and done, they turned out ok! 

Snickerdoodles
Ingredients
  • 1 c shortening
  • 1 1/2 c sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 c flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. cream of tarter
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tbs. sugar
  • 2 tbs. cinnamon
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375*
  • In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar.  Stir in eggs.
  • Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt.  Stir into the cream mixture until smooth.
  • Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Roll dough into walnut sized balls, then roll in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
  • Place on cookie sheet two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
* The dough was still quite round when they were done, so I used the bottom of a ladle to kind of flatten them out a bit.

I love using the new mixing bowls I got for Christmas!  There's a red, blue, and purple one too.


1 comment:

  1. this is a favorite of my mom's and makes me think of her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...