Saturday, January 21, 2012

General Tso's Chicken

Monday is Chinese New Year, and that seemed like a good reason to eat Chinese this weekend.  And since Lauren had just posted a recipe for General Tso's Chicken on her blog I thought I'd be ambitious and give it a try!  I was surprised that it turned out so well, considering a had a few glitches.  For one thing, I don't have a large skillet, so I had to split the batch between two medium saucepans.  And since the saucepans are different, it took the chicken different times to cook and was kinda crazy.  And then I was supposed to cover the saucepan while the snow peas were cooking, but my saucepans don't have lids either.  So I got creative and laid cookie sheets on them, but it worked!  The only thing that would have made the dish better was if it was real Chinese food and I was eating it in China!


1 comment:

  1. Yours looks exactly like Lauren's! I really want to make this sometime; I'd make it tonight but we're going out for Chinese instead. I love that you've been to China, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...