Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Old School Pinterest

I really like magazines.  I get a lot of magazines.  It's hard for me to get rid of magazines.  And therefore they're all over my apartment.  I realized this summer that the stack of cooking magazines in my kitchen, that I kept "just in case I needed to look up a recipe,"  hadn't been opened in months and was collecting dust.  I had to do something about it.  So I went through every. single. page of every. single. magazine and tore out the recipes and "tips and hints" articles that caught my eye.  Then I sorted the recipes into categories like entrees, sides, breads, desserts etc.  I bought a three ring binder and a pack of those clear page protectors, trimmed up the edges of the pages, and slippped them inside.  So instead of a basket of dusty magazines, or messy piles of torn out pages, everything is nice, neat, and organized inside the binder.  Basically,  it's like old school Pinterest!  Now, when I read something in a magazine that I like, I go ahead and tear out the page, and I can toss the magazine with no worries. 

One section for recipes...

...and one section for tips, hint, and how to's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...