Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

I was scheduled to teach Sunday school this morning, which,  I'm not going to lie, I was a little bummed about at first.  We only have one service, so that meant I was going to miss it, and I was really looking forward to finally being at a Redeemer Easter service.  But, once I was with the kids, I had fun, like I always do.  I was afraid they might be hyped on sugar, but they were really well-behaved today, and really funny too!


After church and lunch, I headed to a park that's only about ten minutes away to do some reading and journaling and picture taking.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day!  Days like today remind me that I take the scenery around here for granted.  I love our rolling hills and distant mountains!  For anyone reading this who lives where it's flat, I'm sorry.   


I actually took this while leaning backwards, I'm sure I looked so strange!


The makings of a good afternoon (and why I carry two cameras sometimes).





On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!...Luke 24:5-6

Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...