Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting Cold Feet

Literally, cold, wet feet...The weather has been pretty much the same for the past two weeks.  It is beautiful in the morning - nice and warm, with bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds, but by the afternoon it cools down, the clouds turns gray and then the skies open up; and today was no exception.  I actually think the wind blew harder and it rained more than it has in a while.  Of course this was all happening as I was getting ready to leave the office, and this was the one day I left my rain coat at home.  I keep an extra hoodie at the office, so I put that on, but it didn't really do much good.  From just the time I ran from the office to my car, and the few steps from my car to my apartment, the hood got soaked!  When I used to be a camp counselor and it would rain this hard, afternoon activities would be canceled and it would be up to us to entertain our campers for a while.  Sometimes I would tell my girls to grab their shampoo and a towel and we'd wash our hair out in the rain!

You can sort of tell how wet I am...

My lonely, wet little car.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...