Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sprucing Up a Plain Clipboard

I recently decided that I needed wanted a clipboard to help keep all of my papers together when I'm planning/organizing/directing events.  And it couldn't just be a plain clipboard, needless to say it had to be cute.  I know I've seen cute clipboards, but of course when I want to buy one, I couldn't find any.  So I just decided to make my own.  

I bought a plain wooden clipboard from WalMart for $1.44 and covered it in two sheets of decorative paper from Michael's that were less than a dollar a piece.  Picking out decorative paper for projects like this always stresses me out, because there are so many options and I am indecisive.  I don't know how many different pieces of paper I picked up and considered, but I am very pleased with the ones I chose and how it turned out.

I didn't take any pictures of the process, because they would have been really boring and it was all self-explanatory anyways.  I started by tracing the shape of the clipboard onto the paper.  The paper wasn't as long as the clipboard, so I did have to add an additional little strip to cover the whole thing.  Then I rolled pieces of tape and taped the paper onto the clipboard in the corners, and then I covered the whole thing in clear contact paper.  I do have pictures of the finished product, and I can't wait to use it!



The front looks like burlap.


The back is a floral print.

This is a close-up of the pattern.  I love the newsprint behind the images.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the newspaper look behind the floral, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...