Friday, July 13, 2012

Thursday & Friday Recap

I had planned on posting last night but for some reason my internet was out, so it had to wait until today.  But yesterday morning before I went to work I stopped by Earth Fare to see Hannah and Eliza who were heading there for breakfast.  I got an Appalachian smoothie instead.  It had strawberries, blackberries, bananas and apple juice in it and was very tasty.  The only bad thing about it was all of the blackberry seeds that got stuck in my teeth.
Chacos under the table.

I wrote it on a napkin to remember what was in it.



Today I met Chelsea at Menchies because she was in town for a few hours and I finally had enough points saved up on my Smiles card that I could get this one for free!  I got cake batter and toffee frozen yogurt, and put Reese's Pieces, crushed Oreos and Butterfingers, granola, strawberries, cherries, and marshmallow cream on it.  It was delicious!




Before I went to Menchies though, I stopped by one of the Goodwills again to continue my search for something.  I didn't find what I needed but I did find this Lacoste belt for $1.35!  I love the rich, green color, and I think it will be the perfect pop of color against my denim pencil skirt that I'm in the middle of tweaking.



And after I left Menchies, I went to another Goodwill.  There was this shelf thing leaning against a wall that I picked up to get a better look at, and when I was done I leaned it back up and turned around to walk away.  Then I heard this loud crash, and then I said "Oww!"  I picked the shelf back and then glanced down at my heel and saw that it had gotten scratched.  A walked a little ways and then looked back down and saw that my heel was starting to bleed a bit.  Walked a few steps more, looked down, lots more blood!  Great, I thought, I don't have band-aids in my purse or even tissues.  But then I remembered I did have a napkin.  I always save my little plastic spoons from Menchies, so I took out the spoon which was wrapped in a napkin (thank goodness!) and kept dabbing at the blood which I could now feel dripping into my shoe.  I also realized a little chunk of skin was torn off and my shoe was rubbing right in that spot - quite painful.  So I turned around and sorta awkwardly walked out of the store.  Thankfully I have a well stocked First Aid kit in the car and cleaned that nastiness up.  It still stings a bit and if I'm being honest I'll probably use this as an excuse not to go run later, even though I really need to.


See that darker red spot?  Blood!...I know I'm being a bit dramatic, but it's my blog, I can be dramatic if I want to.

And so on that note...Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice that your toe nail polish matches someone else's chacos? Sorry you got scratched and bled. At least you were wearing red shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...