Monday, July 16, 2012

ModPodged Tray

I've finished my little tray that I picked up from Goodwill!  

The first thing I did was cut the paper to fit.  This was the paper I'd picked up.  It was called Gingerbread, and one side had cookies all over it, but the other side was mostly a patchwork of old, faded recipes.  Since I knew I'd be cutting off the bottom and wasn't sure how much I would need, I bought 3 sheets, but ended up only needing two.





The next step was sanding and painting the tray.  I used Krylon Indoor-Outdoor Gloss in Bright Idea.

I propped it up on some cups so I could easily reach all the sides.



The final step was adhering the paper into the tray.  I slapped some ModPodge into the bottom, laid the paper down, and then completely covered it with a thin layer of ModPodge.



And now it's bringing some color to my counter, and keeping all my coffee and tea stuff together.




2 comments:

  1. Looks great! That yellow is perfect and I love how the old recipes tie in with the idea of having it in a kitchen. I still need to brave up and try some mod podge on a project and get it to actually work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! That paper is perfect with the vintage-y recipe cards! I also really like having trays around to coral random odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...