Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Cards - Present and Past

Since I've lived on my own, I've never found a way to display Christmas cards in a way that I like, until this year.  I looked at my green window one day, and it just came to me - attach two lengths of twine, and hang Christmas cards with clothes pins.  I sat down tonight and in about 15 minutes had it rigged up!  For the top piece, I just tied the twine around the two brackets used to hang it on the wall.  For the lower piece, I used two push pins on the outer-most edges and attached the twine to those.




Then I just hung the window back up and clipped up my Christmas cards.  I love how it turned out!  Very simple and Christmasy.

Since I took this picture I took all the extra clothes pins and put them in a little mason jar on the ledge between the kitchen and living room.




I also used a Pinterest idea to display Christmas cards from years past.  Over the years I've received many Christmas cards that include pictures, or are picture compilations themselves.  I love having them out during the season, but once they've been tucked away somewhere, they rarely see light again.  Not anymore though!  I pulled out all of the pictures, put them in order, punched holes in the corner, put them on a hinged ring, attached a bow, and set them out for all to see.  It's a great way to look back at pictures from year's past, and then at the end of this season I'll just add the new ones I've gotten.

A lovely little addition to the coffee table :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...