Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Christmas Decorations

Way back this summer I did some redecorating, and replaced the apothecary jars I had in my bathroom with mason jars.  I hung on to the apothecary jars though, because I had seen something on Pinterest that I wanted to do at Christmas.  So last week I went on the hunt to find things to fill my jars with, and I started at Goodwill.  On their Christmas shelf I found two packages of ornaments, one for  .97 cents and one for $1.77, and then later I found a bag of pinecones for $2.97.  I wasn't sure if I would use all of it, but for that price figured it would be worth getting.  I also bought a pack of mini candy canes at Kroger.  



When I got home I just started sticking things in jars and rearranging them until I had a combo I liked.  And I felt better when I used something from all of my Goodwill purchases, since I combined both kinds or ornaments in one jar.  In all honesty, I know that bigger jars or smaller objects would look a little better, cause I could put more stuff inside, but I'm not going to stress about it, or go buy more things.  It's still fun and Christmasy, and because I already had the jars, cost me about $6.  And, I can get more use out of the pinecones, since they're not limited to just Christmas decor.









1 comment:

  1. Those are cute. You could get some candle sticks from the dollar store and glue them to the bottom of the jars to give them a little more hight also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...