Wednesday, December 26, 2012

DIY Monogram Mugs

My Christmas gifts for friends this year were all personalized, and my girls in Johnson City got mugs with their monograms on them.  As with most things that I decorate free-handed, I typed it up in Word and then found a font that I liked.  This one is called KG Eyes Wide Open.


Then I very nervously started painting*.  I just started with one thin stroke for each letter, and then went back with a thicker brush and kept adding to it until I got it to my liking.  After I was done painting I "baked" them in the oven according to the directions on the paint bottle.





It took about ten minutes to paint each one, and since the mugs were inexpensive and I already had the paint, the results were easy, budget-friendly gifts that everyone loved!





* I used Folk Art Enamel Acrylic Paint.  This is the same paint I used to paint these personalized Mr. and Mrs. mugs as a wedding shower gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...