Friday, December 7, 2012

Ornament Stories

I did a post like this last year, showcasing some of my Christmas tree ornaments and explaining the stories behind them.  You can read that post here; and now here are some more stories!


I received this Chinese flag ornament last Christmas, because in May of 2011 I went on a trip there.



Another camera/photographer ornament that I received last Christmas.



I bought this one last December at the Museum of Modern Art gift shop.  My 25th birthday present from my parents was a trip to New York City right after Christmas, and one of the things I just had to do was go to the MoMA.  I wasn't even looking for an ornament in the gift shop, but when I saw it I had to get it.  It has fake glittery snow inside of it, and says MoMA 2011 on the other side.




This little Patriots helmet has a bell inside and was in my stocking last Christmas.  It's one of two Patriots ornaments on my tree.




I went to Disney World for the first time in the spring of 2010; it was the "fun day" on our spring break missions trip to Florida.  The only two souvenirs I had to get were a mug and ornament of course.  You can't really tell by looking at it, but it's also a bell. I got my mom the same one in gold, because she likes ornaments too.



On our spring break mission trip last year we went to Chicago, and I got this beautiful ornament in the shops on the famous Navy Pier.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...