Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

So after we had eaten Thanksgiving dinner and were sitting around miserably trying to let our dinner digest, Mom asked if I wanted to go Black Friday shopping, which isn't something we normally do, but I said, "Sure, why not?"  So a little after midnight, Mom, Granny, and I headed to the shopping center.  Our first stop was Rack Room Shoes, where Mom and I got nothing and Granny walked out with a pair of boots.  Our next stop was Kohl's.  We walked around aimlessly for a while, because they're weren't any main, big ticket items we were after.  Mom and I each picked up a few things, and when we were ready to go, we became aware of the line.  Which was long.  Really, really long.  We looked at what we had and figured that we could still get most of it the next day, with the exception of one item.  I've been on the lookout for a picture frame that says sisters for months now.  They're not too hard to find, I'm just really picky, and I had finally found one I loved.  The only problem was that it was on clearance and the last one they had, so if someone else got it, that was it.  I'd noticed that not many people were shopping in the Home Decor department, so if I hid the frame, it would be likely that it would be there the next day.  So I hid the frame behind a stack of ugly painting, and we put our other items back on the shelf and we left!  Granny had gone and sat down to wait on us and when she saw us so quickly, she looked a little surprised.  "We found an express lane," Mom said, and I said "Yea, a put it back on the shelf and come back tomorrow express lane."  So we went back this morning, relocated all of our items, except a purse that Mom had wanted, and stood in line for only 20 minutes!  We've also learned that Black Friday shopping at midnight is not for us!
 
In line on the second trip.
 There was one funny moment in the experience though.  I was looking at pajamas, because Mom, Amanda, and I get matching pajamas every Christmas, and when I turned around there was a rack of bras.  There was a tag that said Adds 2 Cup Sizes, but when I glanced at it I thought it said Ages 2 And Up.  Haha, not quite!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...