Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ornament Stories

One reason I love decorating my Christmas tree is because all of the ornaments have a story behind them.  So my whole tree is like a tall, green, light up story book of my life!  And now I will share some of the stories with you, because I love stories :)


I bought this little slipper ornament while I was in China this summer.

Sushi!  There's not really a story behind this one, I just like sushi.

So, I eat bananas with a spoon.  I've done it since 7th grade and probably always will.

I got this one in college, because Milligan's mascot is a buffalo.

It's a little hard to read, but this one says Maid of Honor.  It has the date of Amanda and Jonathan's wedding on it, and is the shade of blue of our bridesmaid dresses.  Mom gave it to me, and a wedding one to Amanda, while we were getting ready for the wedding.

A Patriot ornament for the crazy sport fan in me.

Photographer ornament, kind of self explanatory I guess.

I bought this one on either my first or second trip to New York City, my junior or senior year of high school.

One of my best friends, Ashley, always gives me an ornament for Christmas, and sometimes she makes them!  She made me this one two years ago.

I picked out the lobster ornament several summers ago while we were in Maine, where my dad grew up.  And I actually don't know where the stocking came from, but it's been around since I was 2 or 3.

And I had some friends come over last night to help my decorate my apartment, because things like this are more fun and enjoyable with people you love.


And Ivy brought me an adorable little gift!   Homemade hot chocolate mix and Rice Crispy Treat pops, all wrapped up in fun, festiveness!




1 comment:

  1. Your tree is so pretty! I love the stories behind your ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...