Saturday, November 19, 2011

Carrot Souffle

We had a Thanksgiving Potluck and Karaoke Night last night with our ministry team students.  I told Samantha that I'd make whatever we needed, and she suggested a carrot souffle since we didn't have any carrot dishes.  I've eaten carrot souffle once, and I loved it!  But I was a little scared to make it, because souffle just sounds fancy, and fancy usually means difficult when it comes to cooking.  But when I started looking at recipes, it seemed pretty simple, and turns out, it was!  The only bad thing was that I couldn't sample it (cause I didn't want to eat anything til' dinner), and I hate serving food I haven't sampled.  When I finally tried it, I thought that it was good, and others did too!  I'll definitely have to make this again next time I make a food that isn't dessert or soup; which isn't often...

Carrot Souffle
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • brown sugar and confectioners sugar (optional)
Directions 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
  • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add carrots and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.  Drain and mash.

     When you don't have the right tools, you improvise.   
    I don't have a masher, so I used the bottom of a whisk!
    It took a while though, cause the carrots kept getting stuck inside.
    • Stir in margarine, vanilla extract, and eggs.  Mix well.
    • Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; stir into carrot mixture and blend until smooth.
    • Transfer to prepared casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
    • Sprinkle with brown sugar and confectioners sugar (optional).

    1 comment:

    1. This looks really good! I've never had a carrot souffle but I think I would like it!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...