Friday, February 24, 2012

Much Needed Engouragement

The past two weeks have been packed for me.  Literally something every single night of the week after I leave a full day at the office, putting me back home anytime between 10:00 and midnight.   I hate that whenever people ask me "How are things at The Well?" or "How are you doing?" my answer is usually just "busy," but that has been the real truth here recently.  And it's really been getting to me the past few days.  I'm exhausted in just about every way, and if I'm being honest (which I am), I'm a little burnt out at the moment.  Feeling that way leading up to one last busy week of work before taking a group of students on a spring break mission trip is overwhelming, so I quickly took advantage of an open chunk of time in my day yesterday to get away for a bit.  And while I was reading my Bible I came across this very encouraging passage in 
Hebrews 10: 32 - 39:

 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering.  You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions.  Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated.   So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.   You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.  For in just a very little while, “He who is coming will come and will not delay.  But my righteous one will live by faith.  And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.” But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved. 

This definitely helped me to gain perspective again, and hopefully it will for you too, whatever it is you're facing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...