Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chili time!

One of my absolute favorite fall meals is chili.  A good hearty, chunky chili with cheese, sour cream, and Fritos.  When I moved out on my own and wanted to make chili for the first time, I searched allrecipes.com for crock pot recipes.  I'm not an anti-red meat kind of girl, so I don't know why I decided to make turkey chili, but all I know is that this recipe is easy and delicious!  It does have quite a few ingredients, but don't let that scare you, it's still pretty cheap, and like I said, easy!

Turkey Chili
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 2 (10.75 oz) cans tomato soup
  • 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained (I use 1 dark and 1 light for more variety)
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch ground allspice
  • salt to taste
Directions
  • Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.  Cook turkey until brown, drain.
  • Coat inside of crock pot with non-stick spray.  Or, I highly recommend using crock pot liners, like these from Reynolds.  They prevent you from having to do practically any clean up!
  •  Add all ingredients and mix well.
  • Cover, and cook for 8 hours on Low, or 4 hours on High.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...