Last night I had another little group of girls over to hang out, and I made one of my favorite snacks - Pepperoni Rolls. They're big, fluffy rolls with cheese and pepperonis stuffed inside. My mom and all my friends' moms have made these for as long as I can remember, and they're great for parties and games. Which is great since it's football season (go Pats!). They're pretty easy to make, and always a big hit!
- 1 package frozen dinner rolls
- 1 package pepperonis
- 1 block mozzarella cheese
- Butter and garlic bread topping (optional)
- Pizza sauce
- Place frozen rolls on cookie sheets
- Lay a piece of saran wrap over the rolls, spray with non-stick spray, and then flip over so the sprayed side is on top of the rolls.
- Let the rolls rise, usually 3-5 hours.
- Cut the cheese into cubes, enough for one per roll.
- After the rolls have risen, place two pepperonis and one cube of cheese in the center of the dough.
- Fold the top and bottom of the dough over the cheese and pepperoni. Then do the same with the sides.
- Pinch the dough well to seal the pouch. Place back on cookie sheet.
- Bake according to directions on the package.
- After they've come out of the oven , top with butter and garlic bread topping (optional).
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.