Friday, June 24, 2011

Cranberries in the Cupboard

My mom is wonderful for many, many reasons and one is them is that every time she comes to visit or every time I go home, she puts together a basket of goodies for me.  It will be full of my favorite snacks and foods, and other little things that make me happy.  When she came to help me move into my new place she brought this awesome picnic basket full of things, and one of them was a box of cranberries.  I put them in the caninet when I was unpacking and honestly I'd forgotten about them until a few days ago.  I opened them up and popped some in my mouth and immediately puckered up, they were so tart!  Normally I can just eat cranberries plain, but not these.  So, what to do with them?  I was making some plain whole wheat, brown rice to go with dinner and figured why not just throw some in?  So I did...and it was good!  They plumped right up and sweetened up the rice without being too tart.  Then this morning I was making my tuna salad sandwich for lunch and I put some on there, and it was also quite tasty!  So thanks Mom for a box of tart cranberries that made some plain dishes delicious!


















Tonight I was running some errands and remembered that I wanted to find some cute, kind of dressy flip flops to wear at Amanda's wedding reception.  I do love a good pair of heels, and our bridesmaid's shoes are a good pair if heels.  But I know I won't be wearing them all night long and I don't want to be barefoot, so the solution is a cute pair of flip flops.  I found a pair of sparkly, beaded blue ones at Kohl's and really wanted them because they would match really well, but they only had them left in extra large, and my feet are definitely not extra large.  I did find a different pair, but you'll have to wait til the wedding post to see them!

1 comment:

  1. I do like to give you and Amanda goody bags when you visit, especially if it's something I got a good deal on bargain shopping. The picture of the tuna and cranberry sandwich remindded me of the time you and Amanda put your vitamins in my leftover Chinese. Not to be outdone I waited a week or so and put vitamins in your PBJ. You didn't think it was funny, but I did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...