Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Souvenirs

Today was the type of Saturday that Saturdays are supposed to be like.  Sleep in, take your dear sweet time getting ready, meet a friend for lunch, spend all afternoon catching up, go to the grocery store, make dinner, watch a movie and eat ice-cream out of the carton.  In case you didn't pick up on it, that's what I did today.  With Jillian.  Jillian returned on Monday from a three week mission trip to Kenya!  We talked about it over lunch and then came back to my place and looked through approximately 300 pictures.  It was so neat to hear about all of the things they did and saw and experienced.  I was very impressed.  This is a really hard core trip, and I don't know if I could do it.  I think the last time I went camping I was in middle school and only stayed one night, and that was enough for me.  They spent the majority of the time sleeping in tents and Jillian said they didn't have a shower for the first ten days! Jillian also brought me some Kenyan goodies.  The first thing were some cookies, called Nice Biscuits.  If you've ever had the candy Chic-O-Stic, I think they tasted a little like that.  Quite tasty.  The other was a beautiful scarf, BEAUTIFUL!  It has lots of rich colors woven in slightly, shiny thread.  I love it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...