Monday, August 22, 2011

DIY Wrapping Paper

I sent my sister a little package last week, and I was getting it all wrapped up and ready to go on the same day I had picked up my tablecloth from Etsy.  Melanie's unique packaging had inspired me to do something fun, so I started digging around in my craft basket and came up with an idea.  I found some plain paper, and then gathered some paint and two round items, a bottle and the lid to a mason jar.  I poured some paint on a paper plate, then dipped the items in it and used them like stamps.  I would do little purple circles, then big purple circles, then little blue circles, then big blue circles etc.  I just stamped randomly, there was no method or pattern.  I really liked how it turned out, and am thinking I want to do some sort of DIY wrapping paper for my Christmas gifts!

If you get a lot of paint on the item, you might want to blot it first.





Ta-da!  Finished project!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Aimee! I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute! I very much approve of creative DIY wrapping paper :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...