I got this recipe from Jennifer, the wife of one of our board members. She made them for an event we had earlier this summer and they were delicious, and she was gracious enough to pass the recipe on to me! If you like lemon, you'll love these!
1 box of lemon cake mix
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 c. powdered sugar
2 tbl. milk
- Preheat oven to 350* and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Zest half of the lemon into the dough mixture, and the rest into a small bowl for the frosting.
- Squeeze half of the lemon into the dough mixture, and the rest into the frosting bowl.
If you're squeezing a lemon directly into a mixture, hold the lemon with the opening facing upward, that way the seeds won't fall into the dough.
- Mix zest and juice into the dough.
- Scoop tablespoon size balls onto cookie sheets, and bake for 10 minutes.
If you bake a lot of cookies, you'll want to invest in one of these little scoopers! They have a rubber bottom, so you can easily push the dough onto the cookie sheet, and then every cookie comes out the same size. You can find them at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
Add powdered sugar to the zest and juice, and then the milk to get the right consistency (I didn't use the full 2 tablespoons).
|...and then enjoy them!|