Friday, February 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I went home for the weekend.  Home home.  Lynchburg.  My mom's birthday was on Thursday, which was one reason I came home, so we could celebrate.  The other reason is because my sister also had the weekend free so she came home too.  Actually, since VT is only 10 minutes or so off I-81, I just swung by and picked her up.  It was quite convenient and I got to say a quick hello to her roommates.  Shout out to Brittany, Melanie, and Amanda Mae (and Emily, even though she wasn't home)!  Amanda has lived with these girls for almost two years now, and I've spent enough time visiting her that I've gotten to know them all pretty well.   They are all wonderful young ladies and I always enjoy sharing the house with them when I'm visiting.  We are going to have so much fun being bridesmaids together this summer!  Which leads me back to the second reason we went home this weekend...So Amanda, Mom, and I could  go wedding dress shopping on Saturday.  Yay!  It's going to be so fun, but also a bit unreal.  One of those "Wait, is this really happening?!?" moments.  So how appropriate is it that the picture below is me and Amanda sitting on the couch watching 
Say Yes To The Dress...


And there are many thing I love about going home, of which is that I get to see my kitty, Chex!  I love her and miss her and if I was allowed to have pets at my apartment, I would have her with me in Johnson City.  The summer before my senior year of high school I worked at a camp for a month.  They always had kittens there, and towards the end of the summer they would let people adopt them.  I loved Chex from the beginning and always had her with me.  I actually found a picture recently of Chex tucked inside my zip up hoodie, sleeping, and this was before she was even mine.  On the weekends, the senior counselor I worked with would let me bring her inside the cabin and sleep with me. But shhhh, don't tell, we'd probably get in trouble.  And as you can obviously tell, I got to take her home with me when the summer ended.  I hate that I she isn't with me now, but it makes it even better when I get to come home to her. 

Isn't she so pretty?!? She definitely has the attitude to match...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...