Saturday, February 5, 2011

Missions, Pink Shoes, and Ice-Cream

Tonight was a fun night.  First of all, I got to go to a Missions Chat.  Dr. Daniel and Cindy Tolan are missionaries with World Gospel Mission, currently living here in Johnson City.  Not only do they have a heart for missions, but they also have a heart for college students, and getting them involved in missions.  Every other Sunday they hosts Missions Chats in their home.  They invite missionaries to come and share about where they are serving, what kind of work they do, how God is moving, how students can get involved etc.  The Missions Chats are usually Sundays at 5:30, and I can't go because we have Bible study at that time.  Because of the Super Bowl tomorrow, they decided to have the Missions Chats tonight, so I got to go!  The speakers tonight were Dr. Russ White and his wife.  Dr. White is a surgeon at Tenwek Hospital in Kenya, and I've had some friends spend a little bit of time at Tenwek while on mission trips, so it was an exciting connection.  There were also a lot of students there tonight who are going on a variety of trips over the next several months.  It's so exciting to think about all the different ways and all the different places the Gospel will be shared, by students I know!  And now I'm even more excited about my trip to East Asia this summer!  

One of the students there tonight was Miss Caitlin Tomski.  Caitlin and I got to know each other during The Well's spring break missions trip to Florida last year.  She is loads of fun and you can't not laugh when you are with her.  We also discovered that we share a love of children's literature and Mary Englebreit.  When Caitlin walked in tonight I noticed her shoes right away.  They were kind of like mine, only older.  My shoes are actually older than they look, I just happened to wash them last week.  Anyways, I knew right away that our twin shoes would have to be my blog picture for the day.  And the other reason that tonight was a fun night is because after the Missions Chat, Jillian and I went to Marble Slab.  I taste-tested a different flavor, and debated adding different candy, but after all of that I went with my usual: coffee ice-cream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...