Monday, February 21, 2011

Mug Monday and the CPA

I just sat down to download pictures and make today's post when I realized something very frustrating...When I was taking pictures today, my memory card wasn't in my camera.  The pictures are on the internal hard drive of the camera and the only way to retrieve them is by using the photo cable.  That wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that this computer doesn't read USB ports.  So, no post for today :(  I could go ahead and write stuff and add the pictures later, but that just seems weird.  I'll plan on doing it tomorrow night, so check back for a double a post!

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the delay of yesterday's post, but here it is as promised!  First of all, Mug Monday.  This mug I bought for myself, at an antique shop in Elizabethton, even though it isn't an antique. So I don't really know why it was there, but anyways...I bought it  simply because I liked it.  A good enough reason I think.  I liked the simplicity of it, and I liked the shape.  Basically, if any mug isn't shaped like the standard mug shape, then I like it.  And I took this picture on the counter for a reason, I wanted to show Sherri my spice rack!  It's an old Coca-Cola tray, bought at the same antique shop mentioned above now that I think about it.  I cleaned all the cobwebs out of it, propped it up against the wall, and viola! Vintagey (so I just made up another word...), one-of-kind, full-of-personality spice rack!

Sherri, the spice on the far left of the second row is Allspice :)

 And I did something tonight that I've been wanting to do for a while now but haven't been brave enough to do, take my camera into the CPA.  And for those of you wondering what I'm talking about, that's the Center for Physical Activity at ETSU aka the gym.  I'm not exactly sure why I wanted to take a picture in the gym, I guess just to change it up from a picture of my gym shoes.  So this is me all strapped into the rowing machine.  And yes, I actually use it, I didn't just get on to take a picture.  Thankfully it was pretty late last night when I went, so it wasn't very crowded and as far as I know, no one saw me take the picture.  I tried to do it all quick and sneaky like.

2 comments:

  1. oh yay i love your spice rack!!! caleb and i actually went to an antique shop on saturday and i thought of you the whole time! they had this cool old crate thing and i tried to think of something i could use it for but couldn't... i want to go antiquing with you next time so you can help me be creative! and i love that you took your camera to the gym haha maybe someone did see you and wrote on their blog "there was this strange girl taking pictures in the gym tonight!" just kidding. reading your blog makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I would love to bring you antiquing with me sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...