Friday, February 4, 2011

Ziti...Lots and Lots of Ziti...

I'm sorry I haven't in almost three days!  It has been a very busy week, full of late nights and early mornings.  I've been doing a lot of baking and cooking this week, and today I had a first in my cooking career.  I prepared lunch for over thirty people!  And I don't mean I made thirty peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I made a salad, baked ziti, garlic bread, and dessert - for thirty people - thirty college students.  That's a lot of food! The salad, garlic bread, and dessert really weren't that difficult.  It was only a matter of putting things together, heating stuff up, and making a bunch of rice crispies treats.  The baked ziti is what had me nervous.  I found a simple recipe online and decided to quadruple it, which made for a fun trip to Wal Mart.  4 boxes of ziti, 4 containers of ricotta cheese, 4 jars of Ragu...you get the idea.  I went ahead and made one dish last night.  Then this morning I put together another one and took it to the office to bake.  Once I got to the office, I also combined the rest of the ingredients to make one double batch in a large foil pan.  I made all the garlic bread first and put it in another large foil dish, which I wrapped in aluminum foil to keep it warm.  Then I put the large dish in the oven for an hour, and I put the normal sized dish in 15 minutes later.  While the ziti was baking I put the salad together.  Not only did I get everything made in time, but it all turned out really well!  The ziti was cooked all the way through and it wasn't dry and it was really, really yummy!  All the students liked it and I was so pleased! 

After lunch I sat down to work on my Bible study, but the couch at the office is super comfy, and I kept dozing off : /   So, I had to move back to my desk.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...