Sunday, February 27, 2011

East Asia!

So, I just figured something out, and I am so glad.  I had noticed that whenever I made a post, the timestamp wasn't correct, it was a few hours early.  I had messed the with settings a little bit, but couldn't figure anything out.  I just figured it was because this computer is getting old and has a bunch of quirks.  I decided to look at it one more time today, and finally figured it out.  It was set to the wrong timezone!  It was on Central, not Eastern.  Not that is of any great interest to you, but I just wanted to clear that up.

When Jenni and I were in school and were craving Chinese food, we would go to the food court at the mall.  We hadn't found a Chinese restaurant we liked, so that's where we went instead.  We've since found an actual restaurant we like, and that's where I stopped on the way home from church to pick up lunch for us.  On a rainy day like today, there was nothing better than putting on sweats, catching up on The Office, and downing some General Tso's Chicken.  And I ate the whole thing with the chopsticks!  I need my practice before I go to China in May!  And I would ask that you please join me in praying that the rest of my funds would come in.  In all honestly, I'm lacking a lot.  I trust that the Lord will provide, and I have a feeling that it's going to be a lesson in sacrifice and humility.  It's something I'm not really looking forward to, but know I need to experience and learn!

This is my classy look...

1 comment:

  1. mmm! Chinese sounds so good right now. I love your socks!

    P.S. Stumbled across your blog and have enjoyed reading through some of the posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...