Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Goals

I don't know if you can relate to this or not, but all week long I'm making a mental list of the things I want to accomplish once the weekend comes.  But once the weekend comes, I just want to relax and end up not getting a whole lot done.  I figure if I post my summertime weekend goals, it might motivate me more to get them done.  So, here's a room-by-room list of the projects I want to tackle before the summer is over!


Kitchen

Repaint this window with crackle paint, and then paint something on the glass, like I did here.  I think this time I want to use favorite quotes and lines from books.



Get something up on the wall above my sink.  I'm thinking either a shelf to put antique kitchen things on, or I might make some simple paintings.  Below are some images I've pinned that I might try to paint myself.




I think this one's my favorite!

Even though I don't like birds...


Living Room

Paint this little table; I'm not sure what color though.


Paint the coffee table white, and polyurethane the end table that I painted white last summer.  There are also knobs that I painted red that need to be put back on the end table.  I'd also really like to get a new rug, but it's not a priority right now.





 Bedroom

GET SOMETHING ON THESE WALLS!!!  I want to do some sort of photo collage  on one wall.  And I've thought about moving the pictures on the wall in the living room into the bedroom, and putting new ones in the living room, but it's just a thought for now.




I bought this vase and these sticks as soon as I moved in, because I wanted something to cover up the white cover of the breaker box.  I don't know why in the world they didn't paint it the same color as the walls.  The vase and sticks aren't "me" though, so I need to come up with something else.  I've thought about doing another painting big enough to hang up over it.



Put new fabric on my director's chair.  I know this one will get done; my mom is coming to visit in July and she's bringing her sewing machine so we can do it.




Bathroom

Paint my earring frame white and distress it.






And maybe getting new slippers should be a goal too...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...