Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fall Is On Its Way!

Rocking my ankle brace.
In the summer the gym closes at 8:00pm as opposed to midnight, so it's a little harder to fit it into my schedule some days, and today was one of them.  But it was still light out so I decided to go for a walk at the fitness trail at ETSU.  I've always known the trail was there, but for whatever reason I had never used it, it was really nice though and I'll definitely go back.  Minus tons of gnats, it was a great evening to be outside.  The sky was absolutely spectacular, with the sun casting golden rays from behind huge, fluffy clouds.  I wish I had my camera with me, but unfortunately I didn't.  And as I walking I heard marching band music, at first I was a little thrown off because ETSU doesn't have a football team, and therefore no marching band, but then I realized there must be a high school have band camp at ETSU.  I got so excited inside because I just love marching band music!  As soon as I hear it I'm flooded with thoughts and feelings, like the way cool, crisp autumn air feels, the sound of leaves crunching under my feet, the smell of bonfires, and the taste of apple cider and pumpkin chocolate chips muffins.  It's a great reminder of why I love the fall and now I can't wait for it to be here again!


2 comments:

  1. ahh marching band music!! that brings back so many memories aimee jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love the ankle brace! I am getting excited for fall, although I am still cherishing my time laying out by the pool! Do you ever use yours??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...