Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Moments and Mug Monday


 First of all, my camera died after two pictures this weekend, and they weren't even cute ones, so I don't have any to post, sorry.  But it was tons of fun!

Now on to today...Today was one of those dreary, rainy days.  It was drizzly all day, and then every now and then it would just downpour.  One time Brittany and I were downstairs at the office and it thundered so loud we both screamed, and the windows rattled and the light fixture hanging in the dining room was shaking.  It was nuts!  

But despite the dismalness (I just made that up) of the day, there were several happiness moments.

1) Tiffani just now posted all of her pictures from China.  Megan and I's pictures were similar, but Tiffani had lots of shots I hadn't seen yet, so it was fun to relive lots of our crazy moments.  Like the one below.  This was our first van ride in Shenyang.  There was the driver obviously, the nine of us with our carry-ons, and twelve suitcases, all in a small van.  I'm in the very back, second from the left.


2) I came home at lunch and was thrilled to find the latest copy of Real Simple in my mailbox.  Amanda got me a 12 month subscription for Christmas, and it has probably ended up being one of my favorite gifts, because it's like a new little gift each month! 

3) I had to go to Walmart after work and was welcomed by my favorite Walmart greeter (is it sad that I know the Walmart greeters?).  But this man is cute and jolly and cheerful and the best greeter ever.  When I walked in today he said "Well come on in out of the rain honey, and welcome to Walmart!" And it wasn't "honey" like a creepy old man would sat it, but a sweet grandpa.  And bless his heart, he was working so hard and fast to get all the carts dried off.  If I'm ever a Walmart greeter, I want to be one like him.

4) I had to exchange some mascara I bought last time at Walmart, and when I did I got 84 cents back.  That's three more quarters for laundry!  Score!

5) On the way home I saw a groundhog!  I love spotting groundhogs, and I've noticed that when I do, I verbally announce it, whether I'm alone in the car or not.  So when I saw him today I yelled out "Aww! Groundhog!"  And this one was walking, so I got to see his cute little waddle.  I don't know if groundhogs are pleasant animals or not, but they seem so cute and cuddly, I just want to pick one up and hug it.  Maybe I could get one as a pet...


And since today was a gloomy day, soup just seemed good for dinner.  I made a childhood favorite, tomato soup and peanut butter crackers.  I know it probably seems weird.  But when I was little I didn't like tomato soup, and then my mom convinced me to try it with peanut butter crackers, and I liked it.  I liked it enough to try it again, and eventually I liked tomato soup on it's own.  But every now and then, it's good to go back to.  And that brings us to Monday's mug.  Or mug-bowl.  This was a Christmas gift from Jenni a few years ago, and she personalized it!  I guess it's a mug because it has a handle, but it would be a huge mug, so I've always used it for soup.



1 comment:

  1. Aimee you crack me up! A groundhog for a pet would be so funny! I also love getting my Real Simple - it seriously is a new present for every month! And that greeter at WalMart sounds PRECIOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...