Monday, July 18, 2011

Mirror Makeover

Remember the mirror I bought last week at Goodwill?  Well, it's all made over! 

Before
 I started by removing the hooks, and thankfully the actual mirror was removable, like the glass in a picture frame, so I could just take it out and not have to worry about taping it.  After the hooks and mirror had been removed, I sanded it down.


Next I gave it two coats of spray paint, Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch in Leafy Green, which I already had left over from a previous project.


The hardest part of this makeover was finding new hooks.  I looked at Home Depot and Lowe's and didn't find anything I was crazy about.  I ended up just having to get the only ones that would fit.  They don't look awful, just not as cute as they could be I guess.  All in all though, I love my new little $2.97 mirror!


After!


3 comments:

  1. you're so crafty! i want something just like this at the bottom of our stairs...maybe i should make a goodwill run and see what i can find:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...