Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ewww!

So this morning I was just about to leave my room and head out the door when out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something moving in front of my dresser.  I told myself it had just been the way I had glanced over at the cords of my straightener and blow dryer, but then I saw something moving again, and there was no denying it, there was a long, gross, unwelcomed bug in my bedroom!  It was quickly crawling across my rug, so I had to act fast.  I didn't want to step on it and kill it, because that would have been a lot of bug guts in my carpet, so I was going to have to capture it.  Luckily there was an empty cup on my dresser so I grabbed that and put it down on top of the bug, and then stepped on the cup, to push it down into the carpet and ensure it wouldn't slide underneath.  The bug quickly shimmied up the sides of the cup and was crawling around in the top of it.  I figured I could lay some plastic wrap down on the ground and then quickly put the cup on the plastic wrap, and then seal it up with a rubber band.  I didn't want the bug to escape while I was downstairs, so I piled some heavy books on top of the cup.  When I came back, the bug was back down at the rim of the cup, and I couldn't get it to move.  It took lots of shifting and sliding, but I finally got the cup with the bug onto the middle of the  plastic.  Then I wrapped it with the plastic and rubberbanded it.  I was grossed out and also kind of proud of myself so I took him to the office to show Drew.  And he didn't help much because he was telling me there were a bunch more in my room hiding and it laid eggs in my hair and a bunch of other nasty, gross stuff, and I will say, I'm still a little paranoid.  I am a clean person, I should not have bugs like that in my bedroom!  When I got home from The Well tonight it was still alive, so I gave it a proper funeral...down the toilet!  Good riddance!


2 comments:

  1. Thought you would be interested in knowing that the bug you captured is a centipede. It's a distant relative to lobsters, crayfish and shrimp. Although harmless to people it is a bit of a nuisance. The good news is it's much smaller than the snake that was IN our house last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh GROSS!! What is nasty/funny but not actually funny, there was one of those guys in my kitchenaid mixer bowl the other day! I went to make some muffins and almost put a whole stick of (very soft) butter on him. I quickly put him in the sink and sprayed tons of hot water on him so he suffered. Then he swirled down the drain. Then I was mad because I had to wash all my mixer stuff before I even baked anything! Death to all centipedes!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...