Monday, January 31, 2011

Introducing Mug Monday!

I inspired myself as I wrote my post on Saturday.  I've known for a while that I have a small collection of coffee mugs, but what I realized Saturday is that there is a reason I have each mug.  But reason isn't quite the right word...there's more of a story behind each mug.  Something inspired me to buy it, or someone special gave it to me.  And since I love telling stories, Mug Monday was born.  The goal is that each Monday from now until I run out of coffee mugs, I will feature a different one and the story behind it.

Today's mug is a Vera Bradley mug and it was a Christmas gift this year from my sister, Amanda. She said that when she saw it, it reminded her of me and she just had to get it.  I am so glad that she did, because I do love it!  It's purple and it has paisleys on it, two more things that I love.  What's funny though, is that my mom bought me a Vera Bradley backpack for Christmas, and she get it in the exact same print (Very Berry Paisley), and neither of them knew what the other had bought me!  I guess this proves that I'm predictable, easy to please, and that Amanda and Mom are good gift buyers!

I love the tall, slender shape of this mug.  Very sophisticated.



Detail shot.  So pretty and happy.

And I haven't forgotten my feet picture.  I spent the first part of my evening baking cupcakes, then I had my Class '14 small group.  After small group I went to the gym, and then came back and got busy in the kitchen again!  I had to finish baking the cupcakes, and as I type I'm also in the process of making homemade frosting!  I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow!

Getting ready to wash some dishes.  Don't you just love my early 90's floor?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...